[lfs-fr] Fwd: Acknowledging your stand request (Linux From Scratch)

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe jmengual at linuxfromscratch.org
Lun 8 Aou 09:20:54 PDT 2016

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : Acknowledging your stand request (Linux From Scratch)
Date : Mon, 8 Aug 2016 10:24:53 +0200 (CEST)
De : stands at fosdem.org
Pour : jmengual at linuxfromscratch.org
Copie à : stands at fosdem.org

Stand Request for FOSDEM 2017

We acknowledge that we have received your request for the following stand.
After we review all stands requests, we will inform you accordingly via
email.

Project: Linux From Scratch
Coordinator: Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Coordinator email: jmengual at linuxfromscratch.org
Secondary contact: Julien Lepiller
Secondary email: julien at lepiller.eu

Linux From Scratch is a project helping users to build their own system,
from source of software, from an existing GNU/Linux distribution. It
uses books to build a base system (LFS), applications (BLFS), and also
enables you to build a cross-lfs.

Coordinator's affinity to the project:
I am the French Coordinator of LFS, in particular for its translation.

Why does it fit FOSDEM
It fits FOSDEM because it is free software based only. Next, its
aprroach is technical, focused on people knowing a Linux system. Then,
it is the base of all distributions, which then use their own packages
management method (all described chapter 6). It is so an excellent base
of knowledge to build a modern Linux system: SysV, Systemd, and embeeded
architectures.

LFS is a fine-tuning project, but also an excellent training tool for
technical knowledge.

Relevant URLs:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.fr.linuxfromscratch.org