[lfs-fr] LFS Translation

Alberto Senna Dias Neto albertosdneto at gmail.com
Jeu 15 Mai 23:27:59 PDT 2014

> About the po's we have as project to use po4a, it's a po converter
> supported by Debian. http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/
>
> LFS: the make script works to produce the po's FR/EN with the sources  but
> we didn't have enough created the script to recreate the po with a new EN
> version to translate. We also didn't have created the script witch recreate
> the French sources with the po and the English version.
>
> BLFS:The "POisation" doesn't work :(  (it's possible that's it's because
> it isn't the same coding but normally it must work  )

Great!
I have been testing po4a and I noticed it keeps all the "newline" from the
original text. This behavior is really error prone for translator. Another
thing, because of that I would have to change my entire translation memory
to match the text generated by po4a
.
I will give another chance to xml2po, at least I won't have to edit my
entire translation memory.
I will let you know if I make any progress.

Thanks.

--
Alberto Senna Dias Neto
albertosdneto at gmail.com