[lfs-fr] LFS Translation

Alberto Senna Dias Neto albertosdneto at gmail.com
Mar 13 Mai 15:44:54 PDT 2014

jmengual at linuxfromscratch.org>:

>  Hi,
> It's a thought we have, in particular an idea to use a po system. The
> thought is in progress.

Tell us if you want further info.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
> Président de l'association traduc.org
> Coordinateur francophone du projet Linux From Scratch
> Animateur suppléant du groupe de travail Accessibilité de l'April
> Administrateur d'accelibreinfo

Thanks for the welcome!
About this thought on po system. How, exactly, are you doing this? What
have you done so far?

I have been using Itstool ( http://itstool.org/ ) to generate po files ( po
> mo > merge mo with original xml generating translated xml), but in the
process I have some issues.

Some of the issues:
1 - itstool expands the .ent files inside all the translated xml files, so
the translated xml file is not an elegant one;
2 - I must to treat any – or — etc, for itstool to work
properly. I believe the problem is that itstool considers it an entity and
does not find its definition anywhere, so it crashes. To solve that I have
to run:

    *************

    #!/bin/bash

    find . -name '*.xml' -exec sed -i 's/\–/\–/g' {} \;

    find . -name '*.xml' -exec sed -i 's/\—/\—/g' {} \;

    find . -name '*.xml' -exec sed -i 's/\©/\©/g' {} \;

    find . -name '*.xml' -exec sed -i 's/\Æ/\Æ/g' {} \;

    find . -name '*.xml' -exec sed -i 's/\é/\é/g' {} \;

    *************

3 - Itstool does not work well with some entities used on xml files,
specially the ones like <!ENTITY checkfs            SYSTEM
"checkfs.script">. For itstool to work properly I had to remove the
"SYSTEM", translate, and then add it again to automatically generate pdf,
html, etc.

In this po system that you are working on, have you faced any of those
issues?
If so, how are you dealing with that?

I have been trying several other tools, but most of them ends up messing up
the xml or the po in such a way that it is not worth fixing.

Regards.
--
Alberto Senna Dias Neto
albertosdneto at gmail.com