[lfs-fr] LFS Translation

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe jmengual at linuxfromscratch.org
Mar 13 Mai 11:03:27 PDT 2014

Hi,

Welcome in fabulous lfs translators world! ^^ So far we only use a robot
for blfs, I let Denis explain the details. To sum up, it analyzes
commits on  blfs-book mailinglist, then translates the most obvious
strings (such as sizes, urls, releases), and displays the remaining
work. Very useful for a book where there are a lot of ordinary changes.
For other projects, we don't use anything so far. It's a thought we
have, in particular an idea to use a po system. The thought is in progress.
Anyway, so far, we essentially use diff. We compare so diff between the
latest stable release and the previous. At least, we did, because just
now, we translate svn release. When we see any change, through lfs-book
ML, we translate it. It may create additional useless work such as
adding/removing systemd, but it enables to follow synchronously things,
and be efficient without spendiNg so much time.

Hope it helps. Tell us if you want further info.

Regards,

--
Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Président de l'association traduc.org