hors sujet !

Gilles Veillon gilles.veillon at wanadoo.fr
Mer 28 Fév 13:13:27 PST 2001

bonsoir,
c'n'est pas le sujet de la liste, mais bon, y-a-t-il des traducteurs qui
voudrait bien traduire ce texte ?

merci.

gillesv

voilà le texte à traduire, issu de
http://www.linux.org/info/penguin.html
-----
The following is a quote from Linus Torvalds:

                            Somebody had a logo competition
announcement, maybe people can send their ideas
                            to a web-site..

                            Anyway, this one looks like the poor penguin
is not really strong enough to hold up
                            the world, and it's going to get squashed.
Not a good, positive logo, in that respect..

                            Now, when you think about penguins, first
take a deep calming breath, and then
                            think "cuddly". Take another breath, and
think "cute". Go back to "cuddly" for a
                            while (and go on breathing), then think
"contented".

                            With me so far? Good..

                            Now, with penguins, (cuddly such),
"contented" means it has either just gotten laid,
                            or it's stuffed on herring. Take it from me,
I'm an expert on penguins, those are
                            really the only two options.

                            Now, working on that angle, we don't really
want to be associated with a randy
                            penguin (well, we do, but it's not politic,
so we won't), so we should be looking at the
                            "stuffed to its brim with herring" angle
here.

                            So when you think "penguin", you should be
imagining a slighly overweight penguin
                            (*), sitting down after having gorged
itself, and having just burped. It's sitting there
                            with a beatific smile - the world is a good
place to be when you have just eaten a few
                            gallons of raw fish and you can feel another
"burp" coming.

                            (*) Not FAT, but you should be able to see
that it's sitting down because it's really
                            too stuffed to stand up. Think "bean bag"
here.

                            Now, if you have problems associating
yourself with something that gets off by
                            eating raw fish, think "chocolate" or
something, but you get the idea.

                            Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable,
cuddly, stuffed penguin sitting down after
                            having gorged itself on herring. Still with
me?

                            NOW comes the hard part. With this image
firmly etched on your eyeballs, you then
                            scetch a stylizied version of it. Not a lot
of detail - just a black brush-type outline
                            (you know the effect you get with a brush
where the thickness of the line varies).
                            THAT requires talent. Give people the
outline, and they should say [ sickly sweet
                            voice, babytalk almost ]"Ooh, what a cuddly
penguin, I bet he is just _stuffed_ with
                            herring", and small children will jump up
and down and scream "mommy mommy,
                            can I have one too?".

                            Then we can do a larger version with some
more detail (maybe leaning against a
                            globe of the world, but I don't think we
really want to give any "macho penguin"
                            image here about Atlas or anything). That
more detailed version can spank billy-boy
                            to tears for all I care, or play ice-hockey
with the FreeBSD demon. But the simple,
                            single penguin would be the logo, and the
others would just be that cuddly penguin
                            being used as an actor in some tableau.

                            Linus

                       The second quote is from when Linus announced
Linux v2.0 on Usenet:

                            Some people have told me they don't think a
fat penguin really embodies the grace
                            of Linux, which just tells me they have
never seen a angry penguin charging at them
                            in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more
careful about what they say if they had.
                            -- Linus Torvalds
-----

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-traducfr-request at linuxfromscratch.org