[lfs-support] Problem compiling findutils

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 21:36:36 PDT 2019

On 8/2/19 10:10 PM, Michael Shell wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 10:49:07 -0500
> Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A new version should simplify our instructions. My inclination is to
>> create our own tarball from git.
>
> I found this from a year ago on the findutils mailing list:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-findutils/2018-08/msg00008.html
>
> So, they do intend to have a release. Maybe one of us could ask
> them again on the findutils mailing list, making sure to point out
> that 4.6.0 won't build against the latest glibc.

4.6.0 does build against the latest glibc with:

sed -i 's/IO_ftrylockfile/IO_EOF_SEEN/' gl/lib/*.c
sed -i '/unistd/a #include <sys/sysmacros.h>' gl/lib/mountlist.c
echo "#define _IO_IN_BACKUP 0x100" >> gl/lib/stdio-impl.h

but a new version would still be nice.  I was able to create a tarball
that we could use.  I'm undecided about whether to use it.