[lfs-support] glibc-2.26 test FAIL: io/tst-open-tmpfile

Stephen Berman stephen.berman at gmx.net
Wed Sep 27 04:25:23 PDT 2017

I'm building LFS 8.1 (with LFS 8.0 as host system) and just built glibc
according to chapter 6.  The result of make check shows three fails:

FAIL: io/tst-open-tmpfile
FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo4
FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo5

The latter two are mentioned in chapter 6, but not the first; is this
failure a cause for concern?  I found no reference to such a failure by
searching the LFS lists, though
<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.25> lists several instances
of this failure in other systems.  (In my build of glibc-2.25 in LFS 8.0
there were also three fails, the same two posix tests as above but
instead of the io test, which passed, there the test
nptl/tst-create-detached failed; this test passed in my current build of
glibc-2.26.)

Steve Berman