[lfs-support] 8.1-systemd Ch. 6.9 glibc-2.26: failed tests

Hans Malissa hmalissa at me.com
Mon Sep 25 19:38:49 PDT 2017

On Sep 25, 2017, at 06:57 AM, Kuba <kuba at kadziolka.net> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 01:59:02AM +0000, Hans Malissa wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting 6 test failures in the test suit for glibc-2.26 (chapter 6.9 in 8.1-systemd):

FAIL: dirent/tst-fdopendir
FAIL: libio/tst-atime
FAIL: nptl/tst-thread-affinity-pthread2
FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo4
FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo5
FAIL: rt/tst-mqueue5

The book mentions  that nptl/tst-thread-affinity-pthread2, posix/tst-getaddrinfo4, and posix/tst-getaddrinfo5 may fail.
But dirent/tst-fdopendir, libio/tst-atime, and rt/tst-mqueue5 are not mentioned. What about these 3 failures? Is it safe to continue?
Thanks a lot,

Hans

I don't know what dirent/tst-fdopendir and rt/tst-mqueue5 are, but I'd
expect libio/tst-atime to fail when the filesystem is mounted with the
noatime option, which is pretty commonly used for performance reasons.

I recall having a similar set of failures when I first built LFS. I
continued and I haven't encountered any problems. Remember that the
test suites are intended to be used by developers to check for
unintented side effects of code changes. I'm pretty sure it's safe to
continue.

Best of luck,
Kuba

Thanks a lot for your advice. I mounted /mnt/lfs with the atime option. To be on the safe side, I also ran the build and the tests with the -j1 option. Now the test results have changed, I'm getting only 4 failures:

FAIL: nptl/tst-thread-affinity-pthread2
FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo4
FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo5
FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-res_init

The only one that's not mentioned in the book is resolv/tst-resolv-res_init. Also, that one did pass when I tried it the first time around (see above). Strange. I will follow your advice and continue.
Thanks for your help,

Hans