[lfs-support] 8.1-systemd Ch. 6.9 glibc-2.26: failed tests

Kuba kuba at kadziolka.net
Mon Sep 25 05:57:05 PDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 01:59:02AM +0000, Hans Malissa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting 6 test failures in the test suit for glibc-2.26 (chapter 6.9 in 8.1-systemd):
>
> FAIL: dirent/tst-fdopendir
> FAIL: libio/tst-atime
> FAIL: nptl/tst-thread-affinity-pthread2
> FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo4
> FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo5
> FAIL: rt/tst-mqueue5
>
> The book mentions  that nptl/tst-thread-affinity-pthread2, posix/tst-getaddrinfo4, and posix/tst-getaddrinfo5 may fail.
> But dirent/tst-fdopendir, libio/tst-atime, and rt/tst-mqueue5 are not mentioned. What about these 3 failures? Is it safe to continue?
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Hans

I don't know what dirent/tst-fdopendir and rt/tst-mqueue5 are, but I'd
expect libio/tst-atime to fail when the filesystem is mounted with the
noatime option, which is pretty commonly used for performance reasons.

I recall having a similar set of failures when I first built LFS. I
continued and I haven't encountered any problems. Remember that the
test suites are intended to be used by developers to check for
unintented side effects of code changes. I'm pretty sure it's safe to
continue.

Best of luck,
Kuba