[lfs-support] BLFS-7.9. libfm and libfm-extra point to the same file

Michael D. L. lfs-support at cosis.dk
Tue May 24 03:56:18 PDT 2016

On 05/24/2016 12:15 PM, Nagasayanam,V.S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At present I am installing LFS-7.9. I have completed Seamonkry, pdf
> readers, window managers etc. At present, I am in the process of
> installing LXDE desktop. Bur libfm and libfm-extra point to the same
> file. Will you please clarify?

Hi Naga,

The difference is in the ./configure commands.

As I see it, libfm-extra only installs the "extra" components of libfm,
wheras the libfm install the full libfm-package.

In short - you only need to install libfm.

On a sidenote, this question should have been posted to the BLFS-Support
group ;)

Best regards
  Michael