[lfs-support] LFS 7.9 6.66. Texinfo-6.1 configure: WARNING:

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Tue May 3 13:32:46 PDT 2016

> In the first place, if you run configure without '&& make', which is
> what we do in LFS, the (second instance of the) message does *not*
> scroll by - it is the last thing you see at the end of running
> configure.

For CMMI commands, I make it a standard procedure to append "| tee
log.{conf,make,inst}" before the "&&".  If there's ever a question,
having captured the console log is invaluable.  Granted, if one is
running make with parallel processes, it's harder to decipher, but -j 1
is always an option on those occasions when it goes wrong.

Maybe that goes without saying, but maybe newbies wouldn't know to do
it, and they might need it the most.
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers at fastmail.fm