[lfs-support] How can I remove linux kernel-4.7.2 from lfs completely?

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Sat Dec 31 01:58:32 PST 2016

> From: ssmtpmailtesting ssmtpmailtesting <ssmtpmailtesting at gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 15:17:52 +0600
> Subject: [lfs-support] How can I remove linux kernel-4.7.2 from lfs
> 	completely?
>
> I've installed this:
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter08/kernel.html
>
> Now I want to remove/delete this kernel and it's all modules and related
> files from system completely. How can I do this?

Be careful about possibly removing stuff that is needed for booting the
system: you 'need' to have at least one verified-ok means of booting
the system.

For removal as asked:
--
* ref the above lfs url: **BUT** again, be careful; e.g. you normally
  don't want to just remove the '/lib/modules' path.

* ref 'Documentation/kbuild/' files in kernel source tree; usually also
  installed in '/usr/src/linux/Documentation/kbuild/' in live-os.
  Those (few) files give info on the vars (incl default vals) that
  control install locations/&c for the various files/&c that get installed.
--

> I've deleted /source/linux-4.7.2 after installation.

hth,
akh