[lfs-support] Can't login after boot, typing keyboard doesn't display any character on console, why?

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sat Dec 31 02:19:57 PST 2016

On Sat, 2016-12-31 at 12:21 +0600, ssmtpmailtesting ssmtpmailtesting
wrote:
> Is it possible to skip installing lfs-bootscripts? I want to write my
> own scripts.

Certainly it's possible... they're just shell scripts, so if you know
what you're doing, you can replace them with whatever you want. If you
want, you can skip init entirely, boot to bash, and run all the init
steps manually yourself.

But given that you've skipped installing the bootscripts, yet found it
necessary to ask us why the system doesn't boot correctly, I'd suggest
you need to do a lot more research before taking such a step. And
getting the system booting on the standard scripts is probably a good
step, so that you can read them and modify them, and see what happens.

Simon.