[lfs-support] Stuck at 2,7 mounting the new partition

David D themanintherain at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 13:33:32 PST 2016

Thank you all for your support!! It is great to count on someone when
starting with such a big thing.
Well, I decided to make the working dir under my home directory because
what is stated on the book is to make it on */mnt/lfs*. Ok fine, but when I
try to do *mkdir -pv $LFS* it says *"permission denied". *So I decided to
do it where I have some read-write permissions.
If I stick strictly to the book, I would be stuck even before since *sudo*
is not stated on the book, at least in these commands, I don't know if
further.
So, what I can guess from all your answers is to stick strictly to the book
and in some cases type *sudo* before the command if needed, right?? Doing
this is the only way I can think of getting past this point. Go on typing
*sudo* when required by permissions or whatever, althought it isn't said so
on the book. Am I wrong?

Thanks again.