[lfs-support] bzip2: error while loading shared libraries: libbz2.so.1.0:

The Portaller mailmine500 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 20:14:32 PDT 2016

I'm in Chapter 6, and every time I attempt to bunzip2 anything, I get the
error 'bzip2: error while loading shared libraries: libbz2.so.1.0: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory'. I've tried making a
symlink from /lib/libbz2.so.1.0 to /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0, but it still
gave me the error. I tried removing all the bzip2 files from /usr/bin,
/bin, /lib, and /usr/lib and reinstalling, but it doesn't seem to be
helping. No deviations from the book, host is Slackware 14.2 x86_64 MATE
Live. Book version 7.10 RC1.