[lfs-support] LFS 7.10 rc1. Tool chain technical notes 5.2

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 25 14:07:24 PDT 2016

> I guess you mean the sentence "The compiler is generally not an issue
> since Glibc will always use the compiler relating to the /|--host|/
> parameter passed to its configure script, e.g. in our case,
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc". I trust you about English, but for me, the
> "e.g." may as well refer to the compiler...

Pierre, in English "e.g." is an abbreviation for "exempli grati",
commonly translated as "for example".  There is no explicit reference,
which must come from context.  In this case it isn't exactly clear
whether the compiler or the host parameter is being referred to.
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers at fastmail.fm

http://www.fastmail.com - Access your email from home and the web