[lfs-support] LFS 7.10 rc1. Tool chain technical notes 5.2

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Thu Aug 25 05:22:18 PDT 2016

On 25/08/2016 12:32, Hazel Russman wrote:
> There seem to be a couple of typos in the paragraph on building glibc. The --host parameter would be $LFS_TGT which evaluates (for a 32-bit system) to i686-lfs-linux-gnu, not i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc as written.
>
> Hazel

Hi Hazel,

I guess you mean the sentence "The compiler is generally not an issue
since Glibc will always use the compiler relating to the /|--host|/
parameter passed to its configure script, e.g. in our case,
i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc". I trust you about English, but for me, the
"e.g." may as well refer to the compiler...

Pierre