[lfs-support] LFS-7.10-rc1 is released

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:44:51 PDT 2016

The Linux From Scratch community is pleased to announce the release of LFS
Version 7.10-rc1. This is the first release candidate on the road to
LFS-7.10. It is a major release with toolchain updates to glibc, binutils,
and gcc. In total, 29 packages were updated from LFS-7.9 and changes to
text has been made throughout the book.

We encourage all users to read through this release of the book and test
the instructions so that we can make the final release as good as possible.

You can read the book online at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/7.10-rc1/, or download from
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/7.10-rc1/ to read locally.

In coordination with this release, a new version of LFS using the systemd
package is also being released. This package implements the newer systemd
style of system initialization and control and is consistent with LFS in
most packages.

You can read the systemd version of the book online at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/7.10-systemd-rc1/, or download
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/7.10-systemd-rc1/ to read
locally.

   -- Bruce Dubbs