[lfs-support] ***SPAM*** Gperf is not installing correctly

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 24 10:23:08 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 07:05:27PM +0200, Albert Pinto Gil wrote:
> Hello, Because I'm using a virtual Machine I decided to save the machine
> state whenever I want to shutdown my PC, so I have never reboot it. Also
> I've got two terminal window opened. One of them is always in chroot mode.
>
> You said that srtbegin is available because it is necessary for compiling
> the packages. However, where I can find that file? I want to check it just
> in case.
>
> The file crtbegin.o is installed by a concrete package?
>
> Thanks
>
> PS. Sorry if there is too many questions but I'm new to linux.

As I think you realised, srtbegin.o was a typo for crtbegin.o - and
that is installed by gcc deep down below /usr/lib/gcc/.  But you
must have had it to be able to get this far.

But apart from whatever caused this breakage, you seem to have a
further problem. I was pleased to see that your log covered all the
steps in building that package, but shocked that it carried on after
the error during 'make'.  In the book we do not cover automation, we
expect people (at least on their first build) to type the commands
in, run them, and watch for errors. If you did that, you would have
seen the Error message after make.

I almost wonder if there were unnoticed errors in previous packages.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods