[lfs-support] ***SPAM*** Gperf is not installing correctly

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Wed Aug 24 09:49:37 PDT 2016

On 24/08/2016 18:35, Albert Pinto Gil wrote:
> Hello, I'm in chapter 6.51 of LFS 7.9 and, after installing the package Gperf
> like it is explained in the book, when I check if the directory exist I got an
> error. I'm pretty sure of having typed exactly the instructions in the book.
> With this mail I have add the log of the process.
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi,

There was an error during "make"... So, of course, "make install" failed. The
error is:
---------
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crtbegin.o: No such file or directory
---------
Since you have been able to reach the gperf page, I guess srtbegin is
available (it is basically needed whenever you do some compilation).
So somathing must have changed when doing gperf. Did you exit chroot (or
reboot) and forgot to reenter chroot?

Pierre