[lfs-support] One of the files of ncurses don't exist

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 17 17:18:04 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 10:14:12PM +0200, Albert Pinto Gil wrote:
> Hello Chris,
> This is the log of the compilation and installation of ncurses. I have
> looked for the file in /usr/lib and /lib and it was not there. As you can
> see, I cannot move that file because it don't exist.

The encoding of your attachment didn't make it easy to quote.  There
is one line which looks very strange to me :

checking for /usr/bin/pkg-config library directory... checking done... /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkgconfig

Maybe I'm wrong (I haven't built 32-bit for more than a year), but I
would have expected the directory to be plain /usr/lib/pkgconfig.

Where does that i386-linux-gnu come from ?

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods