[lfs-support] Problems with Psmisc

Tim Tassonis stuff at decentral.ch
Wed Aug 17 10:23:05 PDT 2016

On 08/17/16 17:35, Albert Pinto Gil wrote:
> Hi, I'm having some problems with the installation of psmisc package (in
> chapter 6.26). I have followed every single instruction in the book
> carefully and when I try to prepare the package for its compilation it says:
>
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking for tgetent in -ltinfo... no
> checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
> checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
> configure: error: Cannot find tinfo, ncurses or termcap libraries
>
> Because it says that the problem is with ncurses, I decided to reinstall
> it. The first time I build it, when I typed the command:
>
> mv -v /usr/lib/libncursesw.so.6* /lib
>
> The bash prompt say that the file doen't exist. However, when I type the
> next command, which is a symlink, the file appers in both folders.
>
> I do not know if that is related with psmisc, but I don't know what to do.
>
> Should I wait until textinfo (because it is another option) is installed
> and then come back at this package? What can I do to solve it?
>
> Thanks in advance

I'm quite sure you mistyped something when installing ncurses. I'm so
sure because I got the same error...

You really need to ensure to have done all of:

mv -v /usr/lib/libncursesw.so.6* /lib
ln -sfv ../../lib/$(readlink /usr/lib/libncursesw.so)
/usr/lib/libncursesw.so
for lib in ncurses form panel menu ; do
     rm -vf                    /usr/lib/lib${lib}.so
     echo "INPUT(-l${lib}w)" > /usr/lib/lib${lib}.so
     ln -sfv ${lib}w.pc        /usr/lib/pkgconfig/${lib}.pc
done
rm -vf                     /usr/lib/libcursesw.so
echo "INPUT(-lncursesw)" > /usr/lib/libcursesw.so
ln -sfv libncurses.so      /usr/lib/libcurses.so

Cheers Tim