[lfs-support] Problems with Psmisc

Albert Pinto Gil apintogil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 08:35:35 PDT 2016

Hi, I'm having some problems with the installation of psmisc package (in
chapter 6.26). I have followed every single instruction in the book
carefully and when I try to prepare the package for its compilation it says:

checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for tgetent in -ltinfo... no
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
configure: error: Cannot find tinfo, ncurses or termcap libraries

Because it says that the problem is with ncurses, I decided to reinstall
it. The first time I build it, when I typed the command:

mv -v /usr/lib/libncursesw.so.6* /lib

The bash prompt say that the file doen't exist. However, when I type the
next command, which is a symlink, the file appers in both folders.

I do not know if that is related with psmisc, but I don't know what to do.

Should I wait until textinfo (because it is another option) is installed
and then come back at this package? What can I do to solve it?

Thanks in advance