[lfs-support] E2fsprogs

Ray McCaffity summitflier at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 08:42:49 PDT 2016

I'm at step 6.50.1 on LFS 7.9 systemd
Everything has been going great, I have been running all of the "make checks" when possible.But now I'm getting this.

root:/source/e2fsprogs-1.42.13/build# ../configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/bin --with-root-prefix="" --enable-elf-shlibs --disable-libblkid --disable-libuuid --disable-uuidd --disable-fsck
Generating configuration file for e2fsprogs version 1.42.13
Release date is May, 2015
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking for additional special compiler flags... (none)
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
Disabling maintainer mode by default
Disabling symlinks for install by default
Disabling relative symlinks for install by default
Disabling symlinks for build by default
Disabling verbose make commands
Disabling compression support by default
Enabling htree directory support by default
Enabling ELF shared libraries
Disabling BSD shared libraries by default
Disabling profiling libraries by default
Disabling journal debugging by default
Disabling blkid debugging by default
Enabling testio debugging by default
checking for uuid_generate in -luuid... no
configure: error: external uuid library not found
My understanding is that this library comes from util-linux.  Which I installed way back in step 5.33.1
I am using ext4 for most of my file systems in the LFS environment.
/dev/sdb3 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,data=ordered)/dev/sdb1 on /boot type ext2 (rw,relatime,seclabel)/dev/sdb4 on /home type ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,data=ordered)