[lfs-support] [Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2] LFS 7.8-rc1

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Sep 30 17:58:41 PDT 2015

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 16:34:40 -0500
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> > That sounds good.  Of the other sections requiring 64-bit clarification,
> > the documentation in 6.17 GCC-5.2.0 seems clear:
> >
> > References to paths that have components with '-linux-gnu' should be
> > ignored, but otherwise the output of the last command should be:
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib32")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/local/lib32")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/lib32")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/lib32")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/local/lib")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/lib")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/lib");
> >
> >   A 64-bit system may see a few different directories. For example, here
> > is the output from an x86_64 machine:
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib64")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/local/lib64")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/lib64")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/lib64")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/local/lib")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/lib")
> > SEARCH_DIR("/usr/lib");
> >
> > I realize the outputs differ, but separate 64-bit outputs might do the
> > job for all applicable chapters.  Just my take.  There may be a better,
> > simpler way.
>
> We can't cover every detail. By the time a user gets to Chapter 6, he
> should be able to figure it out.

Hello,

This seems more like something that could be put in the FAQ because this gets asked a lot in the mailing list and IRC channel. It's up there along with the /tools/bin/env command not found because it is attempting to run the interpreter from the host while attempting to enter chroot and not from /tools since the toolchain adjustment went wrong.

Sincerely,

William Harrington

--
William Harrington <kb0iic at berzerkula.org>