[lfs-support] lfs book 7.8-rc1, 6.9. Glibc-2.22 section question

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 19:36:16 PDT 2015

Hi,

If this isn't the appropriate forum, please be kind and let me know.

In working through the book I came across this note when I ran the Glibc
tests in my chrooted environment:

"The elf/tst-protected1a and elf/tst-protected1a tests are known to fail
with the current stable version of binutils."

I think it ought to be written as:

The elf/tst-protected1a and elf/tst-protected1b tests are known to fail
with the current stable version of binutils.

I am basing this on the fact that I got the following errors that were
all accounted for in the notes except for ef/tst-protected1b:

FAIL: elf/tst-protected1a
FAIL: elf/tst-protected1b
FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo4
FAIL: posix/tst-getaddrinfo5
Summary of test results:
       4 FAIL
    2307 PASS
      88 XFAIL
       3 XPASS

Can you confirm this to be the case? Also, are XFAIL results problematic
at this stage?

Regards,

Will