[lfs-support] ***SPAM*** Re: makefile:382: recipe for target 'perl' failed

meet bhatt meetjbhatt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 21:52:07 PDT 2015

"Can you check the configure command you passed when building
binutils-pass2 (specially the "\" continuation characters).":

CC=$LFS_TGT-gcc AR=$LFS_TGT-ar RANLIB=$LFS_TGT-ranlib
../binutils-2.25/configure --prefix=/tools --disable-nls --disable-werror
--with-path-lib=/tools/lib --with-sysroot

This is the command. I double-checked,it matches with the book. Anyway, it
doesn't matter. As soon as you suggested it was a linker problem, I started
using my backup base LFS system which had no packages. I finished chapter 5
successfully and am going to start Chapter 6 now. I don't think this is
worth pursuing as we already know I must have made some mistake while
configuring binutils. Thank you for your time.