[lfs-support] error: /dev/sdc: No medium found

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:15:15 PDT 2015

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 01:19:57AM +0100, Alexey Orishko wrote:
>>
>> Btw, I see that gentoo has a version 3.0 for eudev
>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~blueness/eudev/eudev-3.0.tar.gz
>>
>> Could it be used with 7.7 version or should I expect some complication
>> for stepping version?
>
> We don't normally test new versions of LFS packages on "old"
> systems, so you'll probably be on your own if you try it.
>
> Among the things to watch out for (no, I have not looked at the
> changes) would be a need to add things to the kernel config, or to
> make changes to the bootscripts.  OTOH, it seems very likely that it
> might drop in without problems.  As always, being able to recover to
> backups is a good idea.  Of course, the first step would be to try a
> DESTDIR install in case the dependencies have changed.
>
> For LFS, in previous versions Bruce has produced tha manpages from a
> completed system because basic LFS does not have all the deps - ISTR
> docbook and perhaps some of the xml or xslt deps from BLFS are
> needed - if you have built Xorg, you might already have those.

The latest package has the pre-built man pages.  It only issue there is minor.
They are not installed be default, but need

pushd man; make install-man7 install-man8; popd

I tested with a fresh LFS build and there were no real issues other than the
message

"error opening USB device 'descriptors' file"

when I removed a usb thumb drive.