[lfs-support] error: /dev/sdc: No medium found

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 20 17:38:51 PDT 2015

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 01:19:57AM +0100, Alexey Orishko wrote:

> Btw, I see that gentoo has a version 3.0 for eudev
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~blueness/eudev/eudev-3.0.tar.gz
>
> Could it be used with 7.7 version or should I expect some complication
> for stepping version?

We don't normally test new versions of LFS packages on "old"
systems, so you'll probably be on your own if you try it.

Among the things to watch out for (no, I have not looked at the
changes) would be a need to add things to the kernel config, or to
make changes to the bootscripts.  OTOH, it seems very likely that it
might drop in without problems.  As always, being able to recover to
backups is a good idea.  Of course, the first step would be to try a
DESTDIR install in case the dependencies have changed.

For LFS, in previous versions Bruce has produced tha manpages from a
completed system because basic LFS does not have all the deps - ISTR
docbook and perhaps some of the xml or xslt deps from BLFS are
needed - if you have built Xorg, you might already have those.

ĸen