[lfs-support] error: /dev/sdc: No medium found

Alexey Orishko alexey.orishko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 13:44:53 PDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 7:31 PM, Fernando de Oliveira
<famobr at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>>> "error opening USB device 'descriptord' file".

The moment I've switched from 7.5 to 7.7 I got this messages. I have a
few HID devices connected and sometimes I use libusb and in some cases
directly /dev/hidraw. I didn't check the exact scenario when error
appeared on the console.

> From LFS7.7SVN (chroot):
> # udevadm test /sys/block/sdc 2>&1 | grep error
> error: /dev/sdc: No medium found

I also have several messages like this printed on console right after
login prompt appeared, but I've never seen them in 7.5...

/Alexey