[lfs-support] error: /dev/sdc: No medium found

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sat Mar 14 14:53:15 PDT 2015

Since yesterday, tying to go on starting BLFS and updating what I could
in the way.

But this error has to be fixed.

Found several references in the web but not solution, most with sdb, not
sdc. Most are related to systemd or udev, it has hit Ubuntu, and I think
it is related to something in eudev.

It has to be fixed, because at the login prompt and after, it keeps
inserting messages:

"error opening USB device 'descriptord' file".

Don't think has to do with static libraries, but if I don't find a
solution until tomorrow, will dump this system and start an overnight
jhalfs build.

# cat /mnt/LFS77/etc/lfs-release
SVN-20150303

Using linux-3.19.1, but the same occurs with linux-3.18.9 (same config
minus some options nw in 3.19) and linux-3.15.8 very different config,
taken from LFS7.1 (i686), loaded with make menuconfig, marked 64 bit and
saved.

Please any idea?

Stopping for today.

--