[lfs-support] LFS 7.6 Ch 6.28 e2fsprogs: make error

ZyaX thezyax at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 02:16:49 PST 2015

Hi.
Once I again I stumble upon an error while compiling. From previous
experience however I can identify that this error already occurs
during configuration by inspecting config.log. The same lines that I
receive when running make are also found in config.log:

configure:12971: gcc -o conftest -I/tools/include   conftest.c -lblkid
 -L/tools/lib >&5
/tools/bin/ld: warning: libuuid.so.1, needed by
/tools/lib/libblkid.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/tools/lib/libblkid.so: undefined reference to `uuid_unparse at UUID_1.0'

Note however that the first line is only found in config.log, and not
in make's output.
It seems strange that there is a problem with libuuid and libblkid
since both of those are disabled in the configuration. I have double
check that they were disabled.

Thanks in advance.