[lfs-support] a single error line in 5.5.Gcc Pass1

Jim Michmerhuizen jamzen at michmer.net
Mon Mar 2 13:53:13 PST 2015

I'm building from the 7.6 book:

At line 6426, 86% of the way through the build log for section 5.5,
         GCC-4.9.1  Pass1,
this error was reported:

         "cc1: error: no include path in which to search for stdc-predef.h"

There is indeed no file by that name anywhere in the gcc-4.9.1 build tree.

Should I be concerned?  The rest of the toolchain build was uneventful; the
sanity check after 5.7 and 5.10 passed.  (Although I didn't run the sanity
check until the whole build was complete, at 5.34.)

Since the make itself didn't abort, I would assume that I'm ok to continue.

But should I?