[lfs-support] Finished with lfs 7.7

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 20:59:43 PDT 2015

Sandeep wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Arch linux dual booting with Windows 8.1 and using 7.7
> version of the book.
> I can boot into my new lfs system, which is still in its bare minimal
> state. I still can't connect to the net.
> Do I need to install additional programs from blfs to get the net
> working or can it be done just using the lfs book.
> I have gone through the network configuration page many a times.
> However I can't seem to comprehend it.
>
> What would be the best way to go about it, keeping the system in its
> bare minimal state.

Your questions is a little vague.  Do you have anything in
/sys/class/net?  If you only have lo, then your kernel does not have a
driver built in that recognizes your HW.  Boot to Arch and use lspci and
lsmod to find out what driver you need and then be sure it is in the kernel.

The base book only supports a static IP address, so if you need dhcp,
you need to go to BLFS.