[lfs-support] gcc build error

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Mon Jun 15 10:32:37 PDT 2015

On 06/15/2015 12:47 PM, Sandeep Singh wrote:
> well on page 5.5 it says
>
> The GCC documentation recommends building GCC outside of the source
> directory in a dedicated build directory:
>
> mkdir -v ../gcc-build cd ../gcc-build
>
> that is the reason I created the gcc-build directory outside of the source directory.
>
> So what you are saying is to create a gcc-build directory with in the source directory.
>

> best regards

No, I ma saying to follow the instructions given in the book. As stated
on page 5.3:

"For each package:

     Using the tar program, extract the package to be built. In Chapter
5, ensure you are the lfs user when extracting the package.

     Change to the directory created when the package was extracted.

     Follow the book's instructions for building the package."

Therefore, if you are following what the book says to do, you will
already be in gcc's source dir before doing anything on that page,
including the creation of gcc-build.