[lfs-support] bash profile

Mike Campbell micampbe73 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 6 13:31:13 PDT 2015

Sent from AT&T Mail on Android

From:"Sandeep" <mrigtrishna74 at gmail.com>
Date:Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 16:13
Subject:Re: [lfs-support] bash profile

On Sat, 2015-06-06 at 15:10 -0400, Chris Staub wrote:
> On 06/06/2015 06:17 PM, Sandeep wrote:
> > Let me start by thanking Mike, Chris and Bruce for helping me with
> > the
> > wget-list problem.
> > Now I am stuck again and can't seem to create a bash profile.
> > I am using Arch linux as the host system and building lfs on a
> > dedicated partition, using lfs 7.7 version.
> >
> > thank you
> > Best Regards
> >
> You didn't say what the problem is. Are you getting an error?
sorry for the goof up. I am new to mailing lists. Let me start afresh I
am on the setting up enviornment part. I gave the command Cat >
~/.bash_profile << "EOF"
exec env -i HOME=$HOME TERM=$TERM PS1='\u:\w\$ ' /bin/bash
It returned the error bash: /.bash_profile no such file or directory
thanks

Try ./bash_profile

Do not top post on this list.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.