[lfs-support] GRUB configuration

Pol Vangheluwe pol.vangheluwe at belgacom.net
Sat Jun 6 12:38:40 PDT 2015

I am building " lfs-branch-systemd” with ALFS on a PowerMac G4.
The configue for “119-grub-2.02~beta2” fails with:

checking for freetype-config... no
configure: error: qemu, powerpc-ieee1275, coreboot and loongson ports needs build-time grub-mkfont (need freetype2 library)

adding this didn’t help:

            --disable-grub-mkfont

Freetype is a topic of BLFS, so I am hesitating to install it right now (dependencies…).
Any suggestion how to solve this?

BTW: I actually don’t need GRUB, because I use yaboot as boot loader on a powerMac.  Is there a way to skip the grub build in ALFS?
Or should I ask this question on the ALFS forum?

pvg