Question: 6.54 Shadow + "Package Users"

bsquared bwcode4u at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 11:11:47 PST 2011

Drew,
I had another question about the tips you had posted for shadow.  I
wonder if you could verify the permissions, it seems to me that they
should be group writable as well.

  -rwsr-xr-x "/bin/su"  root:shadow
  -rwsr-xr-x "/usr/bin/chage"  root:shadow
  -rwsr-xr-x "/usr/bin/chfn"  root:shadow
  -rwsr-xr-x "/usr/bin/chsh"  root:shadow
  -rwsr-xr-x "/usr/bin/expiry"  root:shadow
  -rwsr-xr-x "/usr/bin/gpasswd"  root:shadow
  -rwsr-xr-x "/usr/bin/newgrp"  root:shadow
  -rwsrw-r-x "/bin/passwd"  root:shadow

Thank you for your tips, they have been very useful, and I have
finally completed chapter six without errors.

-Brian