LFS-6.8-rc1 release

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 16 13:25:10 PST 2011

Hi all,

The Linux From Scratch community is pleased to announce the release of
LFS Version 6.8-rc1. This is the first release candidate on the road to
LFS-6.8. It includes numerous changes to LFS-6.7 (including updates to
Linux-2.6.37, GCC-4.5.2, Glibc-2.13 and security fixes). It also includes
editorial work on the explanatory material throughout the book, improving
both the clarity and accuracy of the text.

We encourage all users to read through this release of the book and test
the instructions so that we can make the final release as good as possible.

You can read the book online [0], or download to read locally [1].

Please direct any comments about this release to the LFS development team
at lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org. Please note that registration for the
lfs-dev mailing list is required to avoid junk email.

Regards,

Matt.

[0] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/6.8-rc1/
[1] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/6.8-rc1/