changing the host distro

Anand Arumugam anand.arumug at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 06:56:32 PST 2011

Hello all,

The machine in which I am trying to get LFS built was running the latest
version of debian. But I changed the distro to Xubuntu 10.10 while retaining
the /mnt/lfs partition. I was not able to login to /mnt/lfs since the lfs
user profile was lost. So I went through the steps in chapter-4 on adding
the LFS user. Then I was able to login to /mnt/lfs and also able to su -
lfs. But I am having problems in chapter-6 when I tried to do make mrproper.
I am getting the following error:

root:/sources/linux-2.6.35.4# make mrproper
make: /bin/sh: Command not found
make: /bin/sh: Command not found
Makefile:538: /sources/linux-2.6.35.4/arch//Makefile: No such file or
directory
make: /bin/sh: Command not found
make: /bin/sh: Command not found
make: /bin/sh: Command not found
make: /bin/sh: Command not found
make: /bin/sh: Command not found
make: /bin/sh: Command not found
make: *** No rule to make target '/sources/linux-2.6.35.4/arch//Makefile'.
Stop.

Does switching the host distro got anything to do with this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anand.