Need to undo toolchain adjustment

Mike kenziem at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 12 07:46:30 PST 2011

On Saturday 12 February 2011 02:07:41 Andrew Elian wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 10:48:27PM -0600, Mitch Embry wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > What should I do to correct this? Can I undo the Toolchain adjustment so
> > I can recompile Glibc or do I have to start from square one again? Any
> > advice is greatly appreciated. Either way I've learned my lesson about
> > altering commands unless expressly directed to do so.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Hello,
>
> It seems that I've made this mistake a few times myself.
> You may consider updating the kernel on your host system (which looks
> like the liveCD).  This is what I've done before.  Also, it's my preferred
> solution for this mistake.  Works out fine in the end.
>
> Or cleaning out the file system and starting over.  Very time consuming
> and not much fun! (Think I've gone this route too, on occasion).

You can just remove the directories create after the error and resume,  When I
was building at some point I skipped a chapter and noticed I was no longer
building to /tools.

The commands you used will still be in your .bash_history,  so you could use
the up arrows or make a script from it.

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600