First Post: LFS 6.3 - Section 6.7.1 - gcc error

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 11:00:22 PST 2010

David Reese wrote:
> Greetings from America,

Greetings from Texas :)

> [First, I apologize if this message is incorrectly formatted -
>  since Thunderbird 3.0 text formatting options seem woefully
>  limited.  I did the best I could to manually wrap inside 72.]

Thanks for the effort.  But I can't really remember much about 6.3.
It's over two and a half yeas old.  The new stable 6.6 will be released
either today or tomorrow.  There will be no changes that I know of from
the current -dev book.

I'd strongly recommend changing to the more current book.  You can still
use the 6.3 live CD for booting though.

> '/tools/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/as':

Just a guess, but it look slike binutils hasn't been installed properly
in Chapter 5.  i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/as is the assembler from that package.