A little more on Net-Tools

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 27 10:42:39 PST 2010

I did download the Fedora patches and patched net-tools and was able to compile it on Fedora-12:

gcr at localhost ~]$ uname -ra
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.31.12-174.2.22.fc12.i686.PAE #1 SMP Fri Feb 19 19:10:04 UTC 2010 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
[gcr at localhost ~]$

But I took that same patched directory, tarred it up, and moved it to my LFS/BLFS and it failed. I would like the net-tools, but as I stated earliar I was trying to compile them now to test BIND. I guess for now, I'll skip the test and just install BIND.

I did search the archives for discussion on net-tools and didn't find any recent articles.