No ext2 filesystem ?

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 04:48:51 PST 2010

On 23/02/10 10:06, Simon Geard wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:00:15 -0800 (PST), brown wrap<gramos at yahoo.com>
>> I have a filesystem that won't mount under LFS. It mounts under Centos
> and
>> contains all of my sources. When I try to mount it, I get unknown
>> filesystem. I can mount the root filesystem which is ext3, but not this
>> one:
>
> Did you enable ext2 support when building the kernel? If not, there's your
> problem.

Is it possible to enable ext3 support without ext2?
Did you create the ext2 partition under Centos? Does it have some sort of extended
attributes/selinux type modifications? I've had a similar problem in the past with
a reiserfs partition that I created under Ubunut that I couldn't mount under LFS.

Andy