How is the LiveCD different from actual Version 6.6-rc1 build?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 23 00:01:25 PST 2010

stosss wrote:
>> KNOPPIX is built from Debian, and Debian is known to have problems with
>> USB keyboards, the last time I used it.
>>
>> Is your keyboard direct connect, or through a hub? The latter has
>> also been known to cause problems with several versions of the kernel,
>> so I strongly suggest you not to use a hub with a keyboard or mouse.
>>
>> Mike
>
> I think that claim is no longer correct. I did not find any current

I can't say whether there is still a problem. Due to
the volatile nature of their support echo, there were a few who
contacted me off the list later asking whether I had resolved the
problem, and if so, what it might be.

> documentation to show a problem with USB keyboards or mice on Debian
> Lenny (current release). I am presently running Debian Lenny and I
> have not seen any problem with my keyboard or mouse.

It never was "documented", since it officially didn't exist. Some
of the supporters at the time denied that it was possible. That
was one of the reasons the person I was helping with Debian at the
time decided to abandon the distro. Too much volatility, and
denial of problems. I prefer not to go into the politics of it,
but I definitely encountered a problem with Debian and USB keyboards
and mice.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.