How is the LiveCD different from actual Version 6.6-rc1 build?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 22 21:31:06 PST 2010

brown wrap wrote:
> I don't have any problem in recompiling the kernel, but I don't want
> to end up with the same result. I have a version of KNOPPIX 6.1 and
> the usb keyboard doesn't work on it either, but as I said it does
> work on 6.6-rc1  and Centos 5.4.

KNOPPIX is built from Debian, and Debian is known to have problems with
USB keyboards, the last time I used it.

Is your keyboard direct connect, or through a hub? The latter has
also been known to cause problems with several versions of the kernel,
so I strongly suggest you not to use a hub with a keyboard or mouse.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.