Still no USB

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:47:32 PST 2010

On 22 February 2010 19:33, brown wrap <gramos at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have been away from LFS for a few days, but now back to it. I did confirm the system is up by by installing SSH and DHCP. I can bring up the system, which has no keyboard access, but log into from another machine. Below is the latest output of sys.log. Does anyone know what the error means? I keep getting errors which say "device not accepting address ..., error 110
>

> http://pastebin.com/mddbe1a2

 Googling at random, it seems a common error on laptops.
There is a suggestion in an ubuntu thread that this applies only
to usb2, and that fixing it would mean many users would not be
able to suspend or resume.  I've no idea, but apparently the
workaround is to disable usb2 and use the ports in usb1 mode.

 Looking at menuconfig, that seems to mean "turn off EHCI HCD
and enable OHCI _or_ UHCI".

 It also seems to be semi-common if the current draw in a
usb hub is excessive (too many devices plugged in), or if
the hardware (or a cable) is defective, but those might relate
to different error numbers (alternatively, maybe it really is
drawing too much power in one of the peripherals and older
kernels didn't notice).

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"