LFS6.5 - Chapter 6 stupid question

Aditya Bankar adityabankar at yahoo.co.in
Fri Feb 19 03:20:46 PST 2010

> I am assuming that the process for building anything in chapter 6 is the
> same as for chapter 5 - unpack the files, cd into the new directory and
> proceed.  Correct?
Mostly yes. The overall method of doing it in chapter 6 is similar to chapter 5. But, some configure options would be different. The --prefix would now not be equal to /tools anymore. You must always run the tests. Running tests was optional in chapter 5. Chapter 5 installed bare minimum packages to enable compilation of packages in chapter 6. In chapter 6 we install packages for the actual LFS system.

-Aditya