Still trying to bring up LFS, is there a network connection?

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 16:16:57 PST 2010

> dhcp is not a part of LFS.  There is no reason you
> can't use a static IP
> instead.   However, you can build dhcp from
> BLFS if you want.
>
> You will need ot build openssl and openssh and start sshd
> from a boot
> script to log in remotely.
>
> Are you by any chance building this in a VM?  If so,
> which one?
>
> The only time I've heard of anyone having problmes with usb
> are when the
> drivers are not built into the kernel properly.
>
>    -- Bruce

No, not a VM system. I have had problems with this machine's USB ports in the past, come right up on the LiveCD and Centos, but not on my install. I am sure its the settings, but can't figure out what are the correct settings. I tried using the config file in the centos boot directory, but that didn't even mount the root filesystem, so it has other problems.