Still trying to bring up LFS, is there a network connection?

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 15:17:11 PST 2010

I have still not managed to log into my new LFS system. I believe the system is up, it gets all the way to the login prompt. I can see in sys.log that the root filesystem gets mounted and I created a swap partition that gets added. So I am still stuck with the USB not working. My question is, is the network active? I really can't tell. I see the network startup script, but don't find anything that starts up dhcp. If I could start up the network, I could at least log into it for another computer.